My full name is Miguel Alejandro Pabon Sanclemente. I go by Alejandro. Delineavit means “drawn by” in Latin.
I make art because I enjoy the process of producing a painting, i.e., conception, strategy, realization, and completion. My inspiration comes from the moments I spend recreating outdoors. Like many, I am drawn to the openness of nature, with its colors, shades, and shapes.
My art pieces are steeped in straight lines, geometry, bold traces, contrasting colors, and many tints, shades, and tones. The result is often art that gives the feeling of warm or cold, art that presents bright days or changing skies and art that reflects the grandness and contrasts that one experiences in the open air.
I mostly employ acrylic colors in my paintings. Sometimes I use color pencils and oil pastels as well. I paint over wood board, canvas, and paper. I also draw with pencil, which in combination with illustration software will often yield digital pieces that realize my vision.
My intention is to convey the beauty of Utah landscapes, and occasionally landscapes from faraway lands, in a colorful and playful format while enjoying the process of drawing and painting.
For more info about my art pieces, visit my Instagram account @delineavit.alejandro
Thanks for stopping by.
- 2020 – Salt Lake City Jewish Community Center featured artist for the month of November.
- 2019 – Avenues Street Fair, People’s Art Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2019 – Salt Lake City Jewish Community Center featured artist for the month of July.
- 2018 – SLCC College’s South City Campus, SLCC President’s Art Show, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2018 – Avenues Street Fair, People’s Art Gallery, Salt lake City, UT
- 2017 – Alpine Art, Utah Artist Square Show, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2017 – SLCC College’s South City Campus, SLCC President’s Art Show, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2016 – Harmon’s City Creek, Art Exhibition by Alejandro, Salt Lake City, UT (Solo show)
- 2016 – Avenues Street Fair, People’s Art Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2019 – Twin Peaks, Avenue’s Street Fair People’s Choice Award, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2018 – Labyrinth Canyon of the Green River, Avenue’s Street Fair People’s Choice Award, Salt Lake City, UT
- SLC scientist, artist makes nature-inspired art. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43580745&nid=1288